The greatest thing about social media is that it is really easy to spread out and meet educators with common interests or backgrounds. The link below will help you better understand how to develop PLN’s.
Taylor Wilson believes nuclear fusion is a solution to our future energy needs, and that kids can change the world. And he knows something about both of those: When he was 14, he built a working fusion reactor in his parents’ garage. Now 17, he takes the TED stage to tell (the short version of) his story.
Josh Murdock of Valencia College presents his thoughts on the importance and direction of social media in education.
Valencia College is supporting students, faculty, and staff in the use of social media through our new “Teaching and Learning with Social Media” course. Though aimed at teachers, this course, in turn, helps prepare students to leverage these emerging tools. Participants will walk away with a understanding of important areas to cover in their own social media courses, such as concepts, tools, ethics, legalities, and teaching. Discussion will take place around what is needed to prepare faculty, staff, and students in utilizing social media inside and outside the workplace.
Jimmy Fallon and Billy Joel nailing a four-part harmony rendition of “The Lion Sleeps Tonight,” with an assist from an iPad app.
You could make your own solo barbershop quartet using the same iPad app, Loopy, which loops your voice allowing you to form a musical supergroup if you’re alone naked in your bathroom. Lead vocals from the Piano Man not included.
Ken is one of the most influential leadership experts in the world and is respected for his years of groundbreaking work in the fields of leadership and management. Watch his keynote address on the first day of the Drucker Centennial Week Celebration.
If you like Blanchard in this video and want to experience his work in book for I recommend any of the number of books he has written. They are short reads and quite entertaining.
Here are a few Blanchard Titles that I can recommend you read:
- Lead With LUV (with Colleen Barrett, 2011) ISBN 978-0-13-703974-6
- Lead Like Jesus: Lessons from the Greatest Leadership Role Model of All Time (with Phil Hodges) (Thomas Nelson, 2006) ISBN 978-0-8499-0040-2
- Self Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Self Leadership (with Susan Fowler and Laurence Hawkins) (William Morrow, 2005) ISBN 978-0-06-079912-0
- Servant Leader (HarperCollins Business, 2003) ISBN
- Full Steam Ahead! Unleash the Power of Vision in Your Company and Your Life (with Jesse Stoner) (Berrett-Koehler Publisher, 2004) ISBN 1-57675-306-9
- Whale Done! : The Power of Positive Relationships (with Thad Lacinak, Chuck Tompkins, and Jim Ballard, HarperCollins Business, 2002) ISBN
- High Five! The Magic of Working Together (with Sheldon Bowles, HarperCollins Business, January 1 2001) ISBN
- Big Bucks! (with Sheldon Bowles, William Morrow, 2000) ISBN 0-688-17035-8
- Gung Ho! Turn On the People in Any Organization (with Sheldon Bowles, HarperCollins Business, 1998) ISBN
- Raving Fans a Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service (with Sheldon Bowles, HarperCollins Business, 1993) ISBN
Are you ready to make the first step into the blogosphere? Take the blogging challenge found on through the attached link. The steps are all there to get yourself and your students going. If you are like me once you start you won’t be able to stop the sharing.
Last week at my Lions Meeting I saw this video with a message of sustainability. The thing with the video is you can take what is saying on so many levels. It made me think how small positive changes can impact so many things and I invite you to watch and enjoy this positive message yourself.